Clear Conditional Formatting
- While you have the problematic file open in Excel, select “Home” > “Conditional Formatting” > “Clear Rules” > “Clear Rules From Entire Sheet“.
- Select any additional tabs at the bottom of the sheet, and repeat step 1 on each of them.
- Select “File” > “Save as” and make a new copy of the spreadsheet with a different name. The old one will exist if you need to revert to it due to lost data.
Clear Objects (Shapes)
- Hold CTRL and press “G” to bring up the “Go To” box.
- Select the “Special…” button.
- From the “Go To Special” screen, select “Objects“, then select “OK“.
- Press “Delete“.
Download Remove Styles, then run the file. A button wlll then be available under the “Home” tab that says “Remove Styles“. Select it, and see if things speed up a bit.