How to reset Windows password
IT Support, Windows
Forgot your login password, let me show you how to reset your Windows login password.
First you need a Live CD to boot into your computer. I’ve use a Linux live CD to do this, just any Linux live CD will do. Here is a list of some Linux distro you can choose, I personally recommended Linux Mint, because its interface looks a lot like windows.
- Make a copy of the cmd.exe file to the desktop.
- Rename it to osk.exe
- Make a backup copy of the osk.exe (rename it to osk-old.exe)
- Move the desktop osk.exe to the directory.
- Remove the CD/DVD or the bootable USB and restart the computer.
- Use net user to find out your user name if you forgot.
- Use net user [username] * this command is to change the [username]’s password
- net user [username] /active:yes – to activate the account incase it is disable
- net localgorup Administrators [username] /add – add the[username] account to local administrators group.
- exit – exit the command prompt and you should able to use the [username] and the new password to login.